Dear AGBS community,
On behalf of the staff at American Gulf Bilingual School, I am pleased to welcome you to the academic year 2022-23! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that to be an active learner, our children need tremendous support from the parties involved. A strong partnership between home and school will make a significant difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out your trust and our responsibilities.
Our focus for this year is: Promoting active learning through Active reading.
We ask that you support your child’s learning by ensuring that
• Wakes up early and ready for the day to start
• Attends school daily and punctually, ready for the day’s learning experience
• Completes all assignments (Extra Reading, Homework, Projects…) on time given by teachers
• Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
• Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
• Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
• Knows that you expect from him/her to succeed in school and go on to college / university
We recognize that education is an ever-changing process. As our learners learn differently and at a different rate, our approach needs to meet these challenges in order for the progress to take place.
Therefore, we will be focusing in some interesting and organised teaching pedagogies to ensure we provide Quality First Teaching. Some of these strategies are:
• Guided Reading
• Achieving Deep Learning in all subjects across the school
• Focus on math fluency throughout the grades
• Improving observation and assessment
• Trigger children’s/ students’ interest in extra reading.
• Promote excellent writing and reading skills across
• Use of Emotional Intelligence in supporting the welfare of children
• ‘Every Child Matters’ agenda and support for children with learning difficulties
• A sense of discipline will be inculcated in all children and staff
• Introducing Student Plus, where they can interact directly with their teachers
• Daily monitoring of children’s progress.
• We have recruited some experienced and outstanding teachers to join our team
• Swimming classes for all grades.
• Introducing some exiting co-curricular activities.
We encourage all parents who must drive longer distances to bring their children to school to take advantage of the time and place some reading materials in your cars.
The school has an improved behaviour management system that will be shared with, and this is to ensure the children to show excellent attitude towards learning and other people.
Dear Parents, significant positive changes will be taking place this academic year and some of these changes will be shared with you directly or your children.
Please do not hesitate to contact or book an appointment to see the School Principal if you wish to discuss any issues or challenges regarding your child. We encourage you to visit our school’s website
I feel privileged to be a part of this community.
We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you!
The rest of the contents will follow